This week I went to see the new Cinderella movie at the cinema, and I have to say… It has been a nice surprise. As I told you here some time ago, I’m quite a fan of this ‘kind’ of stories. Always inspiring to me. The iconic fairy tale by Brothers Grimm comes this year one more time as a modern film with fresh notes and a great styling. I found it indeed authentic, appropriate and never overplayed by actors Lily James and Richard Madden.
Cate Blanchett as the stepmother wasn’t bad too! I really recommend it. Even the 3D glas pumps convinced me!
So here are some current inspirations and cool items inspired from the Cinderella movie, in home decor and clothing…
CHAPTER I. At home in the forest
1. Bonbons jar via La Redoute
2. Patterned notebooks from Sézane 3. Red lantern via La Redoute
4. ‘Folie Douce’ poster from Sézane 5. Gold leaves cushion via La Redoute
6. Fake fur cushions via La Redoute
CHAPTER II. Sweet colors and fancy prints
1. Yellow top by Flowers for Friends
2. Ephemeral butterflies tattoos at Dawanda 3. Bracelet by House of Harlow
4. Silk dress by Stella Mc Cartney 5. Sling backs by Dolce & Gabbana 6. Mini embellished bag by Chloé 7. Jacksonville Tee-Shirt by American Vintage 8. Pleated skirt by Love
9. Chambray jumper by Koral
CHAPTER III. Dramatic blacks and theater inspired accessories
1. Eyecat Sunglasses by Miu Miu 2. Appliqué Pumps by Marni 3. Printed pants by Valentino 4. Tie-front belt from Lanvin 5. Crystal earrings by Carmen Cita Jones 6. Collar dress by Rachel Zoe 7. Pleated skirt by Tara Jarmon
8. i-Phone case by Charlotte Olympia
CHAPTER IV. Movies vs. Real life: More is less
Which style would you wear on a long term basis?
Wish you a very good weekend, à bientôt xx